CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hum Tum

Men. Women. So different. Yet want to live together. Sometimes it beats me how they manage.

Here are some common scenarios. And when I say common, I mean it!

SCENE ONE

She: You don't call me enough.
He: But I texted you.
She: So why could you just not call?
He: Cos there was nothing to talk about!
She: How come I always have something to talk about and you don't?
He: Cos you like to tell me about the whole world and I don't really care.
She: Are you saying you don't care about what I say.
He: No I am saying I don't care about those people you talk about.
She: So you don't care about the people who are important to me.
He: When did I say that?
She: Never mind!

She walks off in a huff. He wonders what he did wrong.

SCENE TWO

She: Did you like what I cooked?
He: Yeah I did. Can you pass me the chili sauce?
She: So it's not spicy enough for you?
He: Its good but I like it spicy.
She: So that means you really did not like it.
He: No I liked it.
She: If you liked it, why didn't you tell me on your own?
He: I had just eaten a bite. If you would have waited a little bit, I would have told you.
She: Never mind, I am not going to cook fancy stuff again.

She is upset. He keeps eating.

SCENE THREE

She: You always fall asleep early.
He: But I wake up at 7 am.
She: But it's the weekend.
He: But this is a habit.
She: You never sit up and watch movies with me.
He: I try to but I cannot help it if I fall asleep.
She: Then how do you stay up when you your "boys night out"?
He: That's because we are out and I am with a bunch of people.
She: So are you saying that they are more interesting than me?
He: No what I am saying is that I cannot fall asleep in a bar or a club.
She: I guess because there are so many pretty girls there for you to look at.
He: Huh?
She: Do you think I am pretty?
He: Yeah you are beautiful.
She: Then how come you never tell me that?
He: I am going to sleep. Good night.

She sobs. He sleeps.

And it never ends...................

47 Words of Wisdom:

Alameen said...

ur blog is threatening me... was just thinking about getting married..

will take it as good piece of advise.

maverick said...

thts how it is :D...if it wasnt like this..life wudnt b fun...theres a fundamental difference in the way men n women think...these conversations just bring tht out... :)

Me-too said...

Hey...I think this is a one-sided blog. This makes it look like the women are always wrong or overreacting. There are situations when men overreact too...when they feel misunderstood too...and they walk off too!!

KP said...

I found this amusing!
"Hum Tum" is truly two of kind...:)

Solitaire said...

@ Alameen, read Mars and Venus series. That's the best piece of advice. Its common sense compiled in a book!

@ Maverick, yup yup! And yet they live together. So fascinating!

@ me-too, yup yup, it is! But I think that guy went to sleep aaram se when the girl was sobbing. That's not right either. And don't worry there will be another write up where men will complain about the same thing as you have because they will be made to look bad in it!

Rho Tau GWIS said...

LOL!!!

Pavi!!!! said...

LOL...good one Sneha....I have one BIG SMILE on my face now!

n yeah..I agree with Maverick ..this is the only way life gets to be fun!

I have the TYPICAL male-female converstations happening at home almost EVERYDAY!! Wat to do... Can't live with 'em, Can't live without 'em!

PS : I enjoyed the Hum Tum movie as well!

eagleharry said...

well ..

though its just one side of the coin .. it covers 75% of it ..

@{:-}}

Solitaire said...

@ KPS, it is meant to be amusing!

@ Carolinagal, :)

@ Pavi, keep smiling!

@ Eagleharry, so are you saying that women suffer 25% of the time and men 75%?

Unknown said...

good job ...scene 2 rocks.

Tuhin said...

Cool post! Also reminded me of a friend who fell asleep in a bar :D. Probably his wife won't complain!

ceedy said...

:) i like "maun vrat" thats the most religious thing to do sometime :)...why when we all know we are different then can we not find a common ground :(

strollinthunder said...

There could be some women who are like this, for whom cribbing is an ultimate past time..it is improper to characterize 'this is how women are'.

I really feel sad for the guy, but he must feel lucky there is someone loving him so much.

Solitaire said...

@ Abhilash, and we know why. ;)

@ Tuhin, or probably when he has a wife, he wont fall asleep in the bar!

@ Ceedy, yeah!! Just like the men in this post who either keep eating or go to sleep without a word.

@ Strollinthunder, light le yaar. This is only meant to be amusing. There is no generalizing here. Just some COMMON scenarios.

ceedy said...

i hope you very well know that its a two edged sword.....you say smg it can go in some other direction and dots from god knows where start to connect....
and you dont say smg....then too like you commented YEAH!!!!!

now wat to do - o psycho guru....

Solitaire said...

@ Ceedy, watch out!!! You are asking too many questions now. You are being charged by the comment.

Anonymous said...

this are eternal differences and would always last till the end of it all........

you have put this in some funny style...........

Deepti said...

hey you write really well .. peeped into all your blogs... great to know you could connect to my post :)

Lukkydivs said...

lolz how do write all these? out of experience :P ?

A said...

lol...

that was so so mean Sneha :-P we are not that bad after all..hehehehe...I just can't stop laughing....

its so so true....

but then why do men don't understand this!

hehehehe....

Anurag said...

he he he he
now me being a guy...i can empathize with the guy in all three situations

esp the one when there is nothing to talk about... :o)

... said...

Gah. This is funny!

Battle of the sexes and all. :D

Mez said...

Wow wow wow. Sneha..This one rocked. Cant get better & more true than this. These men i tell you ;)

Solitaire said...

@ Ashu, we have to make humor of the situation or else we are doomed!

@ Deepti, thank you! Keep visiting!

@ Divya, that's a secret. :)

@ Anjuli, I think they do understand it but they cannot live without US! :) So as Ceedy said, they resort to maun vrat. HAHA!

Solitaire said...

@ Anurag, wait till I put men in a bad spot! Let's see if you can empathize then!

@ Clouds, but long way to go for you, right?

@ Mez, hahaha!! It's funny how this one shows women in a bad light and yet you see the men in a bad light!! Way to go!

Mez said...

Okay women are demandin....but just this much honey ;)

Romila said...

Ha! Scene 2 happens with me all the time. And you had put it really well.

What about this one too:

She: I don't have any clothes to wear for the party

He: How can you not any clothes to wear? Your cuboard is full of clothes.

badshah khan said...

yeah I guess over a period FEW relationships are taken for granted and are not exactly the same as they were when things started off. But u know most of us always love significance and the she in your scene needs that a little bit more. But I mean at the end of the day it doesn't seem that big of a quarrel. I am sure the other morning they get up happy and get to their Lovely times.

Impressionist said...

hey i havent got any prayers frm ur side!
I donno why! maybe u fogot to publish the comment

and aboutur post! I havent read it yet! :(
Will comment once im free! :)
tk cr

-Jeevy

Ujwal said...

these conversations are so common...and are very easily reversible....and...it gets even worse when its long distance...

Anurag said...

@solitaire
putting men on the bad side...woh kaise hoga...we are SO GOOD :o)

Solitaire said...

@ Romila, these he-she scenes are never ending!! But I never have this problem when I am with a gay guy.

@ Badshah, chill badshah chill! Don't analyze it so deeply.

@ Jeevy, ok well hope you and your mom are feeling better!

@ Ujwal, oh yes!! "Why don't you call me enough"?? Very common question in long distance relationships, isnt it?

@ Anurag, dream on! :p

eagleharry said...

well soli ...

sorry for the late reply ..
what i ment was
both suffer the same pain
.. but i was talking bot the moaning part ...

@{:-}}

Preethi said...

This was hilarious to tell the least.... the 'she' here though needs to get a grip. It comes with practice. he hee heeeeee
havent read the other one ... will get to that right away....

Cosmic Joy said...

This was a very funny but interesting post. What is ironic is that inspite of realizing the differences between males and females, we still get into these silly situations time after time :)

Solitaire said...

@ Eagleharry, who moans more?

@ Preethi, the last she is really frustrated, I think!

@ Cosmic, and that creates good entertainment for the onlookers.

eagleharry said...

well its obvious the female ...
the moaning never stops ...

@{;-}}

Anonymous said...

whoaa!! I missed all these posts?!!!

pretty good one Solitare :) Verr common indeed!

Sam said...

how very true... girls are totly indecipherable!!

Solitaire said...

@ Eagleharry, now that's not true! Men do tend to gag the women so that they don't moan! No pun intended.

@ Veens, Sigh! Wish they were not!

@ Sam, women are indecipherable??? YIKES!

eagleharry said...

well soli ..
no point arguying ...

we can discuss on this for ages and all the points we come up will be true ..no matter what ...

Solitaire said...

So you finally agreed I am right! YAY!

eagleharry said...

soli .. sorry but
no i dont agree with you ..
i still stick with my words

IncorrigibleV said...

i loved the movie and i loved this post too...
am secretly glad i dont have such convos which end in walk offs

Abhay said...

Just too good, loved readin it :)

Prachi said...

m hooked to ur blog. ;)

poor men!!!.....i guess women are not indecipherable....they do things which makes it look so!!!

walk offs.....hmmmm......sadly i dont knw how to fight and walk off....:(
if i do...i do it intentionlly to tease and trouble and pester them...(them coz i am not in a relationship....them refers to male frnds)
:D

nice post.....

Known Stranger said...

beautiful